The Traffic Group Inc. (TTG) is a full service traffic engineering and transportation planning company that specializes in data collection. We conduct over 100,000 traffic counts annually with offices across the country.
We are currently in need of full time Field Technicians to install Traffic Counts in Virginia (NoVa and Fredericksburg) and New York (Long Island). The candidates should possess the following:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Driver’s License w/excellent driving record
- Must obtain a negative drug test prior to hire and maintain throughout employment
- Must meet TTG’s company policies and standards as well as federal and state laws regarding a background check
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs while loading vehicle and setting up/removing work zone
- Safety conscious and must pass or already hold Basic Work Zone Safety Training Course
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime and travel the State with overnight stays
- Excellent map reading skills and pass a map test
- Work outdoors in a variety of climates and conditions
- Good communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Earth
As a Field Technician, you will be responsible for assisting in installing, removing, downloading, summarizing and submitting various types of traffic counts and equipment. It is a fast-paced job that is labor intensive. You will be required to work in and around the roadway. Your actions will not only account for your safety but the safety of your fellow employees and the motoring public. You will be provided with paid classroom and on the job training as well as safety courses.
TTG values its employees and offers a competitive compensation package for their hard work, commitment and loyalty to the company and their fellow co-workers. Because of this TTG is offering:
- Full time and part time positions – salary based on past work experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package with health/dental package, and 401K to name a few
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to travel
- Providing a career in a growing field working for a growing firm
- Ability to manage time and resources
- Paid training and safety certifications
- Company provided safety apparel
- Company vehicle
For more information on what the job entails, please watch this video conducted by Pennsylvania DOT.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position and The Traffic Group, please follow the steps below to apply for the job. Please note, your attention to detail in the process is part of the selection criteria.
You will not be considered for employment, if you do not fully follow the steps listed below. This opportunity is for serious inquiries only.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please browse our website for details about the company and our mission.
A Veteran Owned Company since 1985.
Click here for the Job Application Form. Note the area you are interested working in on your application. Please save the file, complete all fields and email your application, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 410-931-6601. No phone calls, please. For specific questions about the position or this ad, email email@example.com.